This privacy notice is drafted to meet the requirements of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)and the Data Protection Act 2018in the United Kingdom. iXerv operates in different countries and each may have laws and regulations which can differ from those created by the GDPR. Where this is the case, we will process personal data in accordance with the country-specific data protection regulations applicable to iXerv, should these differ from the GDPR.
When you – as a data subject – interact with our website, iXerv determines how and why your personal data will be used. This makes us adata controller. In respect of our different international operations, our contact details are below. Each enterprise is in itself a separate data controller of your personal data and should be contacted depending on where you are based.
1. Name and Address of the controller
iXerv South Africa (Pty) Ltd
1st Floor Invictus House
1 Fairways Avenue, Fairways Park
4302, South Africa
Contact no: (+27) 031-502 7132
United Arab Emirates:
iXerv Global DMCC
Jumeirah Bay X3
Jumeirah Lake Towers
United Arab Emirates
Contact no: (+90) 7155 230 4279
iXerv UK/Ireland Ltd
2nd Floor, Afon Building
Contact no: +44 (0)203 911 5531
Personal data means any information relating to a person who can be identified or is identifiable directly or indirectly. Examples of identifiersinclude names, identification numbers, location data, or online identifiers such as an IP address.
A data subject is any identified or identifiable person whose personal data is processed by the controller.
A controller is the organisation whichdetermines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. Each of our business locations given above is a controller.
Processing is an operation in relation to data, such as collecting, recording, structuring, storing, using, sending, storing, or destroying personal data.
3. Data Protection Officer (DPO)
In respect of our UK operation, we have appointed a DPO: HY Solicitors. For all queries which relate to our obligations under the GDPR and UK data protection laws you can contact the DPO at HY Solicitors, 1 Reed House, Hunters Lane, Rochdale, Greater Manchester, OL16 1YL or by telephone on +44(0)1618041144 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can contact the DPO should you wish to discuss any issues or concerns that you have about iXerv’s compliance with the GDPR.
4. Legal basis for processing
Under the GDPR, we need a legal basis for processing your personal information. In respect of the information, we process when you use our website, we use the following legal bases:
- We have a legal obligation; or
- We have a legitimate interest; or
- On rare occasions we may need your consent. Where this is the case, you are able to withdraw your consent at any time (e.g. you can opt out of our marketing and promotional communications). You can do this by contacting us using our contact details above.
5. Period for which the personal data will be stored
The length of time iXerv will hold personal data will vary and will be determined by the following criteria:
- The purpose for which iXervis using it. Personal data must be retained for as long as is necessary to satisfy or meet the purpose for which it was obtained or any other legal purpose; and
- Legal Obligations. Laws or regulations may set a minimum period for which iXerv must retain your personal data.
The data subject may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies through our website by means of a corresponding setting of the internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an internet browser or other software programs. If the data subject deactivates the setting of cookies in the internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be entirely usable.
7. Collection of general data and information
The iXerv website collects a series of general data and information when used. The following may be collected:
- The browser types and versions used;
- The operating system used;
- The website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers);
- The subdomain used;
- The date and time of access;
- The Internet protocol (IP) address;
- The Internet service provider (ISP) of the accessing system; and
- Any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems.
This information is needed to:
- Deliver the content of our website correctly;
- Optimise the content of our website as well as its advertisement;
- ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and website technology;
- Enable the iXerv website to facilitate the integration of Google AdSense, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Jetpack for WordPress, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube;
- Provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack.
8. Registration on our website
Where you as the data subject register on the iXerv website, personal data entered by youis collected and stored exclusively for use by iXerv for its own purposes.
By registering on the iXerv website, the data subject’s IP address, the date, and the time of the registration are stored. The registration of the data subject is intended to enable iXerv to offer contents or services that may only be offered to registered users due to the nature of the matter in question.
9. Subscription to our newsletters
iXerv informs its customers and business partners regularly by means of a newsletter about enterprise offers. The enterprise’s newsletter may only be received by the data subject if the data subject provides a valid e-mail address.
The personal data collected as part of a registration for the newsletter will only be used to send our newsletter. There will be no transfer of personal data collected by the newsletter service to third parties. For the purpose of revoking consent to iXerv processing personal data in respect of the newsletter, a corresponding link is found in each newsletter. It is also possible to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time directly on the website of the controller, or to communicate this to the controller by using the contact details above.
10. Newsletter Tracking
The iXerv newsletter contains so-called tracking pixels. A tracking pixel is a miniature graphic embedded in such e-mails, which are sent in HTML format to enable log file recording and analysis. This allows a statistical analysis of the success or failure of online marketing campaigns. Based on the embedded tracking pixel, iXerv may see if and when an e-mail was opened by a data subject, and which links in the e-mail were clicked on by data subjects.
Such personal data collected in the tracking pixels contained in the newsletters are stored and analysed by iXerv in order to optimize the shipping of the newsletter, as well as to adapt the content of future newsletters even better to the interests of the data subject. This personal data will not be passed on to third parties. iXerv automatically regards a withdrawal from the receipt of the newsletter as a revocation of consent to the use of tracking pixels.
11. Contact possibility via the website
The iXerv website contains information that enables an electronic contact to directly communicate with our enterprise. If a data subject contacts the data controller by e-mail or via a contact form, the personal data transmitted by the data subject is automatically stored. Such personal data transmitted on a voluntary basis by a data subject to the data controller are stored for the purpose of contacting the data subject. There is no transfer of this personal data to third parties.
12. Comments function in the blog on the website
iXerv offers users the possibility to leave comments on the iXerv blog.If a data subject leaves a comment on the blog published on this website, the username and comments made by the data subject are also stored and published, as well as information on the date of the commentary.
In addition, the IP address assigned by the ISP to the data subject is also logged. This storage of the IP address takes place for security reasons, and in case the data subject violates the rights of third parties or posts illegal content through a given comment. This collected personal data will not be passed to third parties, unless such a transfer is required by law or is in conjunction with legal proceedings.
13. Subscription to comments in the blog on the website
The comments made in the blog of iXerv may be subscribed to by third parties. In particular, there is the possibility that a commenter subscribes to the comments following their comments on a particular blog post.
If a data subject decides to subscribe to a comment, the controller will send an automatic confirmation e-mail to check the double opt-in procedure as to whether the owner of the specified e-mail address decided in favour of this option. The option to subscribe to comments may be terminated at any time.
14. Rights of the data subject
The data subject has legal rights in relation to the personal data iXerv will process via its website. These rights are subject to conditions and limitations and therefore might not be available in all circumstances:
- Right of confirmation as to whether personal data concerning them are being processed;
- Right of access to their stored personal information;
- Right to rectification of their personal data;
- Right to erasure (Right to be forgotten);
- Right of restriction of processing of personal data;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to object to the storage of personal data;
- Right not to be subject to automated individual decision-makingwhich produces legal effects; and
- Right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data.
You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting iXervusing the above details.
15. Automated decision-making and profiling
iXerv does not use automatic decision-making or profiling.
16. How to complain
If you have any concerns about iXerv’s use of your personal information, you can make a complaint using the above contact details.
You can also complain to a supervisory authority if you are unhappy with how iXervhas used your data. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
The ICO’s address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: +44(0)303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk